Thursday, February 18, 2010

Don't worry, we're still alive.

Sorry we have not posted in a while. It has been a busy few months. As many know, we were back in St. Louis for 3 1/2 weeks during December/January. It was great fun getting to see everyone and introduce David. Since returning, I have been working on getting my study ready for the field season. As part of that, I had to attend a meeting in Swift Current, Saskatchewan the past few days. David and Kristin were able to go with me, so the little guy is now an international traveler. The meeting about a big grazing project that is going on in Grasslands National Park, just north of us on the US/Canada border. I got some excellent ideas for my project and may be spending a little time up there this summer. It was interesting to see how different things were even though we are spatially close by. Aside from the obvious difference between English and metric units, things were generally much more expensive and people talk and spell strangely. Their Olympic coverage on TSN was better though. It was extremely foggy the whole time, so we didn't get to see much of the prairie. I'm sure it will be better the next time we go.

We did get to spend two nights in a shady hotel. I tried to find the cheapest hotel we could and found one that was only $68/night. For $68/night, we got a window that would not close so hotel personnel had shoved a rolled up towel in and repeat, sudden power outages. It was fantastic.

Here is a photo of us at the vistor's center for GNP in Val Marie, SK. We thought about getting a photo at the border but I didn't really want to trouble the officer to take our picture.

No comments: